- eduroam Compliance Statement [pdf][doc][odt] This document outlines the minimum technical and organisational standards for roaming operators (RO) and roaming confederations (RC) in order to provide the global eduroam service. Implementing the minimum standard requires the coordination of roaming operators (RO) and roaming confederations (RC).
- eduroam How to... Wiki [online] This collaborative wiki allows the community to post comments and corrections to technical documentation on eduroam setup ensuring that this resource is up to date.
GÉANT Confederation Policy Documentation
These documents describe the service and operation of the European eduroam Confederation produced in the framework of the GÉANT project.
- European Confederation eduroam policy [pdf] July 2012
The European eduroam Confederation provides the legal framework for the organisation of the European eduroam service. The use of eduroam is restricted to the community served by NRENs according to their national policies.
- eduroam Service Definition [pdf] July 2012
This document describes the eduroam service. It contains a general overview of the service (including its aims, its elements and security), a description of the services elements, users, operation, and organisation as well as a description of the operational requirements for Confederation members. This document should be read in conjunction with the policy document signed by all eduroam Confederation members.
The previous edition of this documents created as part of the GN2 project are also available:
- European Confederation eduroam policy [pdf] January 2008
- eduroam Service Definition [pdf] January 2008
Other Related Documents
The list below contains links to other documents related to eduroam.
- eduroam Cookbook [pdf] This document provides installation instructions for administrators to make an eduroam implemention as seamless as possible. It might be helpful also to download the eduroam Cookbook scripts.
- Report on Introduction of Monitoring System and Diagnostics Tools [pdf] February 2009 This Deliverable reports on the introduction of the initial monitoring system and diagnostics tools for the eduroam infrastructure.
- Report on RadSec Integration [pdf] July 2008 This document summarises the current state of deployment of the RadSec protocol within the eduroam infrastructure. It describes the current situation for the deployment, implementation and standardisation of the RadSec protocol. It also describes the eduroam RadSec server trust model necessary for the identification and authorisation of RadSec servers in the eduroam closed roaming environment.
- Advanced Technologies Overview, Second Edition [pdf] February 2009 This deliverable assesses different advanced technologies that were investigated to determine their actual or potential usefulness to GÉANT Roaming and AAI activities.
- Inter-NREN Roaming Architecture [pdf] September 2006 This deliverable covers eduroam’s technical architecture specifications.
- Preliminary eduroam work February 2003-2004 Links to documents produced by the Task Force on Mobility during initial work on eduroam.